Montessori High School?
We are currently working on the development of an adolescent programme, or Young People’s Programme for 11 – 17 year olds. Whilst still in the planning stages, we welcome interest from families of young people who think such a programme may meet their needs for a person centred, school of choice.
We envisage: –
- An educational ‘hub’ where young people can come together with specialists and Montessori guides to plan their explorations and learning journeys together.
- A supportive community where each person’s development of social skills, character and personal choice is nurtured and encouraged.
- A base for our young people to study core topics in the arts, humanities and STEM.
- A launch pad from which literacy, numeracy, science and the arts are the tools we use to access the curriculum – our world.
- An environment where young people are appreciated for the skills, ideas and talents they bring to the community and can use these skills to influence the world around them – to make the world a better place for all.
- An atmosphere of trust, where young people can progressively direct their own learning journeys
- A place where life experience and life-skills are valued as highly as personal interests and academic development.
“Be brave, be curious, be determined, overcome the odds. It can be done.”
Stephen Hawking – Brief Answers to the Big Questions, 2018